News (Home Page)
7th Army Symphony Old Photo Gallery
(Click on whatever you want to see, then use the browser "back" button to return to this page)
1959 - 1961
Courtesy of Ted Hughart, Bass
- A crashbox VW from the very early 1950's (photo & tale)
Courtesy of Mike Yoksh, Typewriter
- Probably taken about 1960 (2 photos)
1955 - 1960
Courtesy of Carol Bernhardt
Donald Bernhardt & Friends
(several photos pending)
Courtesy of Harold Britten, Bassoon
People from 1955-56
Courtesy of Marcel Demiranda, Horn
- Troops, Conductors, Food, Beer! (several photos)
- At time of this photo, it was not running. A "community" purchase.
- at Patch, circa 1959
Proper Inspection Form
- Shown by Aubrey Facenda (Horn), prior to mustering out, 1960-c.
Service Days & Later
- Some faces from the old days; some from after service. (several photos)
Courtesy of Alan Goldman, Horn
Various people from 1957-58
Courtesy of Fred Gruenebaum, Oboe
Adventures from 1955 - 58
Courtesy of Don Hancock, Violin
Emergency Landing in France
- an unexpected stop in Lyon. (2 photos)
The Orchestra plays the World's Fair
- Edward Lee Alley, Cond., Brussels, 1958.
Courtesy of Jules M. Hirsh, Bass
- An orchestra program from January, 1959
Courtesy of Homer Holloway, Violin
- U.S. Army Photo
Courtesy of R. A. Jones, 'Cello
- Sheridon Stokes (Flute) & Robert A. Jones ('Cello) - California 11/26/03
Courtesy of William Love, Oboe
Some Scenic Shots
- from Bill's slide collection. (1 photo, more coming)
Courtesy of Barry McDaniel, Voice & Percussion
Courtesy of Bill Merrell, Tuba
- a Vaihingen landmark.
- formal portrait.
- in the Sylvan Theater at Patch Barracks (2 photos)
Bill Merrell and Friends
- under the barrels (l. to r.) are Aubrey Facenda and Jim Shoush,
immortalized by a Berlin (?) street photographer.
Murals in the Day Room?
- (several photos).
- Spring, 1959 (2 photos & text).
- or on the way there. 7ASO guy may be Dick Kimball. We tried to make
out at every opportunity. The girl was rather pretty. The old Frenchman was
a dubious "bonus." Note the wool socks for sale!
- 7ASO musicians in rehearsal (several photos)
Courtesy of Mel Ponzi, Bass
Photos from 1956 - 1958
Courtesy of Myron Rosenblum, Viola
- about Brooklynites in the 7ASO - 1957 Brooklyn Eagle
Portraits from 1957-58 - (several photos)
Somewhere in Germany
- John Sant'Ambrogio (Cello) - Myron Rosenblum
The Italian Contingent
- Passau Festival, (from 1957)
- The 1958 Orchestra in Dress Blues, Edward Lee Alley, Cond.
The Orchestra Set-Up
- At the Liederhalle, Stuttgart, (57-58).
- Antal Dorati rehearses for 1957 concert.
Courtesy of Ramon L. Scavelli, Viola
Ramon on the firing-line
- July, 1959. That year the
orchestra was ordered to go out on the rifle range and qualify with
carbines. Luckily, we were our own score keepers and we qualified as one of
the top companies at Patch Barracks. We all received Sharpshooter and
Expert medals to the amazement of the Patch Brass.
Courtesy of James Shoush, Horn
Photos from 1958 - 59 (4 photos)
Courtesy of Dan Thomason, Viola
Wedding at Patch
- Dan and Anita (2 photos)
- The Stuttgart Orphan Children's Home.
7ASO guys brought each child a gift. (l.) Percy "Tom" Fenn III (Viola), (r.) Dan Thomason.
- another distinctive vehicle. (2 photos)
Wurst und Bier
- Dan tries out the Nürnberg version (es schmeckt gut!)
Dan's "Apartment" at Patch
- All 7ASO members will recognize this for what it is.
Chamber Music at Patch
- Quartet Rehearsal (several photos).
- a few 7ASO faces (several photos).
1952 - 1955
Courtesy of several 7ASO members
Photos from the old days Page 1 - A collection by Kenneth Derosier
Photos from the old days Page 2 - More photos by Kenneth DeRosier (all Ken's pix now on 2 pages)
The NATO Tour
- Feb. through May, 1955. We believed it would never happen, but it
did - France, Italy, England, Scotland, Northern Ireland, & Wales -
these photos are from Italy.
Brass Section 1955 - Trumpets & entire section.
The Orchestra of 1954 - 55.
: - photos from several members
The famous 7ASO Bears
- Forward & Onward (several photos)
- From the days of the "old, old" orchestra.
- by Jerry Pollack.
The Old Brewery
- A landmark that is no longer the same.
The Passau Festival of 1954 - including the KPD.
1954 or earlier - several photos.
The 1952 Orchestra
- several Photos by Jack Monchecourt.
Top of Page